Tuesday, January 12, 2010

News Report

Well, first of all, I looked in CNN.com, and after an hour of looking through articles that didn't interest me, I finally found an article. It's actually, somewhat, an addition to the Bernie Madoff issue. The article stated that there were two men, Jerome O'Hara and George Perez, that helped Madoff. These two men were computer programmers that helped Madoff make false documents and trading records for fifteen years. Eventually, they decided that they were going to far and they tried to delete the files that they made, but they forgot to delete the backup files. They also confronted Madoff but he gave each of them a twenty-five percent raise and a one-time bonus of more than $60,000. A while later, Madoff was arrested and the other two were charged for helping him.

On another story, a small company sued Microsoft and won, how random is that?!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow!!! That was actually really interesting. You know I didn't know anything about Bernie Madoff guy until yesterday but I didn't know he had helpers. So my question is, why do you think the other two guys weren't arrested? Do you think it was because it was all his idea? That's my guess, but they were in it as much as Bernie was. Yeah they felt bad about doing it but what about during they were doing it? They took away those people's money. They cheated them out as much as Bernie did. But you know, I don't know. That's what's bothering me about that but whatever.
About the Microsoft thing, that is a real big shocker! I mean why would someone sue them? And for what?!

Mrs. Goeldner said...

Ethics, my dear. They must be strong than the power of the almighty dollar.
Do you recall what the name of the small company is or for what the suit was filled?